Sunday, July 29, 2012

Snowballs in July......


Here are my snowball blocks for the project I'm working on this weekend. The weather has been beautiful, so I moved the sewing machine up stairs where Ripley and Bruno can hang out on the porch.

I cooked my first batch of beans from my garden. Grilled chicken, sliced tomatoes and fresh corn  from the farmers market in town finished the menu.

We're not sleeping alot at our house.  Puppies don't do that-- therefore we don't either.  I remember when I had babies, my Mom always said, "Losing sleep burns calories...think how thin you're getting..."  I laugh and think of this very time Ripley wakes me up.

Back to the sewing machine.... have a good week....

3 comments:

Angie said...

I haven't been 'visiting' anyone in the last week or two and had missed the post about Ransom. I am so very sad for you, Melanie----oh, how I know that big empty hole!!! But THEN, there are lovely snowball blocks AND an absolutely GORGEOUS puppy! *squeals* He is the CUTEST thing EVER!! :) Oh he will definitely keep you busy and help you come to terms with Ransome being across the Rainbow Bridge. Tightest of hugs for you, some in shared sadness and some in shared joy...

Carrie P. said...

some snowballs would be nice with the heat we have been having. lol Maybe that won't last long, sleepless nights.

Bonnie K said...

I also missed the Ransom post and I am very sorry. It is tough losing a family member. Good luck with the little guy. He looks full of vim and vinegar.