I made pillows for the porch last week. We had dreams of new porch furniture, but after pricing it, I made the adult decision to paint what we had. I had spent 12 bucks on Walmart fabric—cheap and durable-- to make pillows in the colors I pictured the porch being in this summer Reds and Khaki. I purchased paint –‘oops paint’ or custom paint that someone decided not to purchase. When getting ‘oops’ paint you have to recognize your color choices are extremely limited…the paint choices were a blue-gray and sand.
I already purchased the fabric. I didn’t want to waste. I refused to admit a mistake had been made. So back to Walmart I went and $3.00 later I found the blue fabric I was going to use to pull all things together---porch, paint, and fabric.
Here are the finished products. Eight pillows were made for the hammock, swing, and chairs. I had wished over a Pottery Barn ad and knew I wasn’t going to let go of any kind of money for pillows.
Somehow I think the blue fabric just fits.
I finished quilting a quilt and have binding to hand stitch this afternoon. I've got naptime waiting on me.
Have a good weekend.