Monday, September 19, 2011

Lucky Finds....

I opened the fridge on Saturday and glanced toward our front window....I just had to grab the camera.  While it's not even a good photo, it's home to me--- in the Fall.

I worked today. When I got home, I ran the pups before supper.  Chelsey says Bruno is putting on weight, so he's in training.Tonight I playing with my weekend finds.
Yep, It's an old window... a steal for five bucks.  There was a matching one in black that I scooped up for Chelsey.  It definitely needs a bath, but something I've wished for forever. I think it's going above the fireplace.

This is a old tool box that was just begging to be filled with quilt fabric....It came home with me as well.

I better get busy.  It'll be bedtime before you know it..Who cares about laundry?!?!


5 comments:

Muddling Through said...

Love your front window view of fall's beginnings, and what a couple of brilliant finds!

Sue said...

What great finds, Melanie. My husband happened to be looking over my shoulder as I was reading your post and his eyes caught sight of the toolbox! I love your idea of putting quilting fabrics or small quilts in it.
That window is to die for. I just love those old finds like that.

Lovely view out of your window. We are getting some leaf changes here too. It won't be long now.

Colleen said...

Nice finds. Always wanted one of those old tool boxes. I remember my Dad's which my brother has. The fall photo is very nice.

Libby said...

I am noticing some changing leaves around here, too. And the BEST part? They are NOT in my yard . . . no raking *s*
Love the window - can't wait to see how you use it.

deb said...

wow Love the old window!!! and that tool box is to die for!!!!
I wish we had more of the changing of the seasons here but I will just enjoy it thru blogs like yours!!!