Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day was the best. I had 10 kids in Sunday school planting marigolds in terracotta pots covered with butterfly and turtle stickers. I missed a great photo opt with the kids. There’s nothing like the moment when the kids tote the flowers that are almost as big as them and give them to their Mom. We had the story of Dorcas and I brought in quilts that we covered up with while I told the bible story. It’s funny how when you truly have a passion in your life, you bring it into every facet of your life.

I’m still kicking myself for not having a couple of blue and yellow quilts. My son is graduating this weekend and we have his open house. It would have been great to have a couple of quilts “coincidently” the school colors thrown over the swing. We’ll be better prepared for Chelsey’s graduation.

I went to Green Bay Saturday to finish up the shopping for Eric’s open house. It’s amazing what you can get done alone. I was tired when it came to the rode trip home, wishing I had someone to drive me, but it was productive. I’ve got a countdown list of 24 things that need to be completed (not counting the French quilt) by the 26th of this month. I’m not stressing. I think I’m taking a week of vacation next week and I’ll do the wrap up. I’m looking forward to next week, I don’t think I’m stressing (who am I trying to convince—you or me???) I’m just ready to get those things done. Work gets in the way. But it pays for everything else.

Eric’s Scholarship banquet is tonight. It should be nice.

Gratitudes:
My son and daughter.
The snow being gone.
My new jump drive to transport files from place to place.

No comments: