Monday, May 22, 2006

The house is just about ready for the relatives coming for my son's graduation. The freeze warning will be lifted tomorrow, I'm still going to wait until Wednesday to plant the annuals in the flowerbeds. I'm really tired, but have enjoyed taking care of the house. I love working, too, it's just combining both is pretty tough.



I wanted to put pictures in today's note, so I'm putting my daughter, son, and Ransom, Our black sorta lab dog. We got him at the humane society when he was seven weeks old. While he has an incredible weakness for table food.. he's incredibly special and definitely the smartest dog in the world(with the exception of your own). I'd truly be lost without of him.

My husband accuses me of loving the dog more than him, my response,"Well, if you'd wag your tail the way Ransom does the story might be different..."

You're laughing, my work is done.
Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Tracey said...

What a beautiful family you have! And Ransom looks like he's a pretty loveable guy himself. :o)
Glad that you were able to get so many things done today. Such a satisfying feeling, isn't it?

Finn said...

Beautiful kids, and a great looking furry friend. I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment to DH...if they just were always as glad to see us, no matter where, when, or wearing what, we'd love them best instead....LOL

Jeanne said...

Happy graduation to your son! Hope the family visit is memorable. Your son and daughter are both terrific! And of course Ransom is a beauty ... hugs and wags from one dog lover to another :)
Jeanne

Linda C. said...

Great kids. They grow up fast don't they . . . but not as fast as grand-kids!

I note you live in the UP; my dad had a place near Muskie Point on Caldron Lake, about 30 miles from Iron Mountain, near Crivitz, Wisconsin, when I was growing up. One summer I came down with the flu, and he had to take me to Peshtigo to the nearest doctor. The first time I took my husband up north, we drove back to town late on a moon-less night. It was so dark, he was getting the creeps, and he said, "I know why you brought me up here. I'm the first white man who has ever been on this road!" (My mother was Native American - Stockbridge from the east shore of Lake Winnebago.)

Laura said...

Good looking kids! Congrats to your son on his graduation. They grow up so fast! We travel to the UP at least 3 times a year. We go to Grand Marais and have seriously been looking at property up there the past 3 months.