Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Evening...


Twenty four degrees feels incredibly warm after last week with sub-zero weather.  Here are some snapshots taken as I ran the pups in the woods this afternoon.



Here is a  table piece I finished up for the Woodcarver that made the quilter's angel for me this Christmas.  The four center blocks were from a row of the month piece that I knew just wasn't 'meant to be'.   I found coordinating fabrics and added a border or two.  It's quilted  and off to it's new home.


There is beauty everywhere - even in the dead of winter... all you have to do is find it...
Have a good week.




11 comments:

Carrie P. said...

the quilt and the snowy photos are lovely.

Lorraine said...

Love your snow pics and that quilt is very cute!

Bonnie K said...

Very nice. I like the blues in your quilt.

Wendy said...

The snow pictures are lovely to see. Your quilt looks great outdoors.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It IS beautiful there, Melanie, though it's too cold for me! And another quilt finish - wow....You are on a roll! Great work.

Libby said...

Your winter pics are beautiful but I have to say I don't long for snow anymore *s*

Kindred Quilts said...

What an appropriate setting for a picture of your blue and white quilt... so perfect, and a beauty of a quilt too! Love your nature pictures... makes me homesick for northern Wisconsin.

McIrish Annie said...

I love this one! Good idea to use the blocks rather than throw them in the "orphan" drawer. I need to do that more often. It's lovely

Greenmare said...

I was wondering if you were snowed in too! we aren't actually snowed in here by the Lake, but it's been so cold we might as well be! I'm only letting the dog out for 10 minutes at a time so her ears don't get frostbite. brrrr

Carole said...

Sweet quilt! Like the colours! I so love winter. The beauty of it all! I do not mind the cold, it's the wind that gets me. I just love it when the snow goes crunch, crunch...! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Great pictures. Super cute quilt.