Sunday, January 06, 2013

Weekend Sewing


When I left the office on Friday--- all I kept thinking about was I had to knock out the weekend chores (housecleaning,grocery shopping) where I could do the fun stuff.  I got the borders sewn on two quilts.  Above I am working on the wool corner blocks.   The quilt called for a vine running through the borders but I love the prints so I am calling it "pieced' once I get the cornerstones complete. 


We have about four dog beds in our house (not  no mention mine!!!) but for some reason they always wind up together.  Ripley  7 1/2 months &  Bruno 3 years old.

Gratitudes:
Being able read-- what a gift
Clear roads on a cold day
A Warm Bed --- for me and my pups


11 comments:

Carol said...

PERFECT Weekend!

Darlene said...

You couldn't write a script for a better week end. woohoo!!!!

Angie said...

I love seeing your sweet furbabies...they would be lost without each other now.

Bonnie K said...

Great photo of the dogs.

Bonnie K said...

Great photo of the dogs.

Kindred Quilts said...

Definition of a great weekend... sewing and a win by the Green Bay Packers!

Susie said...

Hi Melanie love the quilt finish and your doggies look so adorable. Treacle has three beds (and if you add ours to it six in total!!!!) Although she was in trouble yesterday she came straight in from outside and jumped on our bed (which has white linen on!!!) She was not happy for an hour after I told her off and banished her to her basket! Happy New Year, Susie x

The Calico Cat said...

I have that fabric behind your penny circles. :o)

Carrie P. said...

can't wait to see how you use those circles.
good things to be grateful for.

McIrish Annie said...

Way to hit those January goals! You are a woman on a mission. I love Pottery Barn looks but the prices are stupid! you did a great job with your recycled sweater. same look, lots less $$

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is sad how many people are not able to read. People in my community know that I will read things for them and not tell anyone and they bring me all kinds of stuff that needs to be read! Important stuff. Also - having good eyesight to read is important. 2 of my neighbors have macular degenerative disease - it is so sad to watch them slowly loose their sight - one can no longer drive and his wife has MS so I do worry about them. Looks like you have been busy! And - even if you have dog beds they usually find somewhere else to lay down - preferably right under your feet! Cheers! Evelyn