Monday, February 11, 2013

February...


Life is about living--- and it's busy.  Never quilting as much as I want, never completing that 'to do' list but I write lists of projects down, I read about them, a doodle in the margins during meetings of each block.
There was a time when I grew discouraged, but I realize now there is a time and a place for quilting...even if it is just in the margins loose leaf paper....

February - The Christmas decorations are gone and Hearts are sprinkled around the house...

Last weekend we ventured to Traverse City Michigan to spend the weekend with Eric.  My birthday is about four weeks away - so I receive an early present.  We walked in with a card and picture frame.  The card stated " that even if we were together to look at this print-- it's my present that was too big to mail and know that on the wall in his home he has the same one....''

Here is my framed print---


It's all the quilts I have made him...
Then he open the door and pulled out my painted sign for my sewing room---



Covered Porch Quilts....


Yeah -- He's a keeper....

14 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Yes indeed! What a lovely gift!

Carol said...

What a beautiful gift...from your precious boy!

Anonymous said...

How sweetttt and thoughtful! Definitely a good boy ;O)

Libby said...

That kid knows his mama!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Awesome, awesome gift!!!! I would have cried. What a fabulous feeling to know how much he appreciates the art work your hands create.


I think you're not alone in getting discouraged about not having all the time in the world to sew, or the time to make what you have on your lists. But I think you would be surprised if you counted up what you have already accomplished, and SOMEDAY you WILL be retired. LOL

Kindred Quilts said...

A very thoughtful gift from your son... it's wonderful! I'd say you did a great job raising this one... a keeper indeed!

Lorraine said...

Fabulous gift from your boy....so thoughtful.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I think you have raised him well. What precious gifts. You two know each other, don't you?

antique quilter said...

how nice. he is very talented. love the design and how he painted it.
lucky you!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful, perfect gift!! It shows how much you are loved.

Karen said...

WOW - what a wonderful gift - yup a real keeper :)

Hugs - Karen

QuiltNut Creations said...

Love the print!

Angie said...

Perfect!! :D

Carrie P. said...

very nice gifts indeed. Happy Birthday!