Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The words make speak of summer, but we have frost warnings tonight. It’s not the first time this season, but I think they mean business tonight.


These blocks complete my summer section of the Block of the month quilt Four Seasons from Country Loft. Three seasons down and one to go. This is my first BOM project with Country Loft and I recommend them to everyone. Reasonably priced, thorough, and each month they’re packaged just fun to read. I’ve gotten burned out on BOM projects before, but I find myself looking forward to this one each month.

Ransom and I picked up the leaves on our walk. I ironed them between two sheets of wax paper. I think I’m pulling petunias up this evening and cleaning out three rows in my garden too. It’s that time of the year. Don’s got another business meeting tonight, so Ransom and I will definitely be quilting…

Gratitudes:
1. A full tank of Gas in my jeep (even if I had to pay of it)
2. Pumpkin Gourds fresh off the vines
3. That cricket taking up residence in my office behind shelves where I can’t reach. (Helps me hold onto summer a little longer I guess).

13 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Autumn is to stay :o) ...how long is your autumn before winter comes??
And I just love your blocks...patchwork combined with stitchery ...that is fun!!

Lori said...

I love the blocks. You ladies that can embroider so beautifully blow me away. maybe someday......

Susan said...

We are still behind down here in lower Michigan but Autumn is in the air. The cicadas are still buzzing in the trees so I don't hear the crickets that often,,,too bad, I love their music. Lovely blocks you are working on.

em's scrapbag said...

Your blocks are delightful. You have done a wonderful job

Leslie said...

I came on over to check out your blog after you visited mine....I totally agree with you that something about those simple Prim things makes me so happy, even in a world of chaos. I love my junk/treasures :)

I snooped around and I LOVE all of your work. Very nice stuff! I so want to quilt! I have done rag quilts but that's it. Oh, and one where I used the little yarn pieces to hold it together but like a REAL quilt. I'm working on this wall hanging thing that I'm stitching some squares and I'm thinking about it being quilted. I'm sure it won't be done correctly but I'm trying and we all start somewhere, right?

Again, I love it all and your story about your McDonald's fry postcards was great. How thoughtful of you!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Pat said...

Great job. I have kept up on the stitchery but not the sewing. I hope to catch up on that real soon. We have had frost and the Autumn colors are showing up in the Adirondacks here in upstate NY.

Libby said...

My pressed leaves are coming out this weekend *s*

Anonymous said...

The blocks look great! Mine are in my project drawer waiting to be played with :o) I have loved this BOM too. They are a great shop!

We are going to get chilly tonight, but not as cool as you. I am ready though.

Judy said...

Oh I am behind a bit on this one, but this makes me itch to get moving!

Carole said...

They are lovely! The colours are sweet! Yea, tell me about frost warning. It's hard to believe that summer just flew by! Stephen covered our tomatoes. Tonight will be even colder then last night! How are you enjoying the empty nest? Perhaps I need to read the rest of your blog! lol Keep well!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely stitcheries. I adore the color combinations.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the blocks

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Nice combination of embroidery/patchwork there! I lent my truck to some guys this week and they put $100 of gas in it for me - bonus! School Boy and I are going to press leaves this week - I have to go get a pencil sharpener so we can add crayon shavings for the stained glass look!
Cheers!
Evelyn