Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006 was outstanding…. The picture below was a surprise I received in the mail on Friday.
The ornament is made with a punchneedle crow. Pretty cool. Surprises are the best…. I am grateful for all the quilting friends I’ve made this year.

Everyone was healthy for the holiday. That in itself was a blessing. The Christmas feast consisted of Grilled Steak and Shrimp. I have to work today so I leaving a note on the fridge because everyone else is off today and still asleep== “Don’t eat the Steak and Shrimp leftovers for breakfast…We’re Having it for Supper!!!” Wonder if the note will work???

I remember my first ‘married’ Christmas. I got new cake pans as a gift. I cried. I was definitely over the hill at 21…Well, I got new pots and pans for Christmas this year. And I was doing the “Happy Dance” around the tree!!! I guess with age does come wisdom. For the past month Don has been throwing a pot away at a time for different reasons—the pots & pans were 22 years old; they had probably earned their fate. I knew I needed new ones—even had these picked out---but I just struggled with letting go of the money. I didn’t even mind doing the dishes on Christmas day because I was washing my NEW pots and pans along with the Christmas dishes.

My mom took care of me on the quilting front—21 new fat quarters and 10 spools of thread. Pictures will be coming.

My Mother-in-law gave me a set of dishes… can’t wait to share them…

I hope everyone’s holidays were special….

Gratitudes:
1. My new thread holder from Eric
2. Snowshoes for Ransom & I
3. Board games with Family--- Have you ever played –‘Buzzword?’

9 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I guess our DHs are of the same mind. I got new pots and pans also and did the happy dance!

got a super duper surprise from my son but want to share it on my blog so take a peek later today for the pics.

I'm working also. should be a slow week with plenty of time to catch up.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Isn't that the truth! What upset me for gifts back then I would die for now! Guess that means I'm getting old. Not so sure about the wiser part! The grilled steak and shrimp sounds wonderful!

Angie said...

We are true sisters of the mind now. LOL I used to do the same thing at Christmas...sit in the floor and cry. LOL Now, I keep adding those household things to my list and they keep getting overlooked. ;p I got pottery from Santa and a Dyson vacuum clearner (the vacuum was on my list), the pottery was a total surprise but I love it!! :)

Kim West said...

kitchenware for Christmas used to make me cry - Now what makes me cry is when my son makes a picture frame for me - those are tears of joy though.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I just have one thing to say....
"Where are my pots and pans?" :)I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas. It's so busy before, so much fun during, and a bit of work afterwards...but it's 'the most wonderful time of the year'none the less! Love your little crow...and the ice skate photo...beautiful!

Juliann in WA said...

so glad you had a nice Christmas
ours was nice and mellow and now we are enjoying a few days with both girls home
how did you manger pictures come out?
juliann

Libby said...

I think bridal showers are WASTED on the young. There should be milestone anniversary showers instead -- by the time we've been married 15, 20, 25 . . . years, things are starting to wear out, look dated and need a general freshening. And we have matured enough to truly appreciate all those things. Imagine all new sheets, blankets, towels, dishes, pots, pans . . . the mind boggles *s*

Jane Ann said...

Ooh, you definitely needed more dishes!! Can't wait to see them. And what kind of pots & pans? I've been looking too.

A sister dish junkie,
Jane Ann

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love, love, love good quality pots and pans and would rather have just a few than a bunch of junky ones! Same with my very nice kitchen knives. DH and I were on the search today for a terrine pan, but no luck - got to go to a speciality shop. Of course, fabric, thread, snowshoes, board games - all wonderful too!

Cheers!

Evelyn