Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Summer Stars

Fall is slowly creeping up where I live. I have begun working through Summer Stars with a friend. Why? Because I could really use the practice at working with tiny pieces. But more importantly, it's fun sewing with a friend. I'm pulling from the scrap box and making two of each star. If I can get them all made, I think I'll treat myself to some alternating block fabric or a border piece for the project.
It's an eight week series found here.
I took the picture--wanting to share the project. But I also wanted to keep it real-----Look:
Therefore the reason I really need the practice with small pieces. I must have ripped out and re-stitched about five times, but I finally just gave up. I'm hoping that I can skimp on the seam allowance and it work will out. They don't take long to put together. Small projects are perfect with life's busy schedule.


I don't want to overlook the significance of today and the memories it holds for Americans. Some things you just don't forget.....

4 comments:

Libby said...

They look perfect to me *s* I feel like I haven't done any quilting for so long . . . . hoping that quilting time presents itself real soon. Not only do I miss the stitchin' but I miss sharing, too.

Muddling Through said...

I'm making similar stars but with a one-piece center and much bigger. It is a fun one! Yours really look good.

Karen said...

Small projects are perfect with life's busy schedule, love the stars!

Sue said...

Hi Melanie!
I love your stars and love the fabrics you are using. A good star quilt is another classic and fun to make. Yours is going to be just great!

It's hard for me to ever forget the 11th. Not only is it my son's birthday, but those of us who lived during this time will never forget. It was sobering watching the memorial service...and all from another country...