Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I’m sleepy this morning. Guess the caffeine just hasn’t kicked in yet. Don is working late the next few days so I’ll get some extra quilting time. I just have to be awake to enjoy it.

I’m working on this Gail Pan Block. I found it on line. She’s an Australian Quilt Designer. I wish over her Block of the month that reflects my Favorite Ecclesiastes bible verse. One of the days--- While I’m not going to do the Christmas Wish BOM project I’m using these blocks for Valentine Gifts for my Mom. Something small and simple…. The creativity of some people….She’s a real talented lady. I’ll keep you posted. It is going to become a gift bag.


I backed the piece with a thin batting. It helps my stitching. Gail has DMC numbers for the piece, but I just chose colors that looked similar. DMC floss purchases cannot be made in town. Besides, after the thread goes in the needle, no one knows the number used. The link is on my sidebar.

Gratitudes:
Warmer weather
Text messages from my daughter
Stealing chocolate chips from the bag in the cupboard, Sometimes you just need a quick fix.

13 comments:

Howdy said...

Looks lovely! I have a question... do you stitch completely through the thin batting too?

Oh and my chocolate chips are in the freezer... something yummy about them being cold.

Unknown said...

another ? here....I just found your blog thru another reader of my blog...

Do you sell quilts?...or better yet...barter them?!...cuz I am always up for a good swap of goodies!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Love you Gail Pan block ... I'm just finishing up on Lynette Anderson's Free BOM and will then make a start on Gail's. Yours looks lovely.

antique quilter said...

your block looks great!
I agree with you about the colors on the DMC I use what I have and 99 percent of the time its off so little you can't even tell what number I used!
text messages from the kids at school...yes makes me happy too!
Kathie

Tracey in CT said...

Your block looks great. I love that you used a patterned fabric for the background...I've noticed that a lot of the the Australian designers do that, and I've only ever used a solid. Yesterday I decided that for this project, I'm going to try a patterned background too!

Carol said...

Love your block!

Christine said...

Your block is lovely. It will be gorgeous on a bag. I often use my own threads too ... can match them with the fabrics in the quilt then.
Christine

Judy said...

I picked my own colors too and ended up picking the same green, but all the others are different! A Valentines project is perfect!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm going to work on this one as soon as I get the DMC. I can't seem to get outside the box and just pick my own colors. Good idea to use thin batting behind the background.

Karen said...

The batting behind the embroidery gives it a bit of dimension. I am not doing this BOM but have seem it pop up as projects on several blogs. What a nice thing to do for MOM.

mj said...

Hi,

I hopped on over from "Building a Log Cabin" blog...one of my favorite reads.

Just wanted to let you know, your work is beautiful and inspiring!
Oh, and I love to steel chocolate chips from the bag in the cupboard as well. ;o)

I'll be checking in again. Stay warm!

em's scrapbag said...

I really love this block too. I just need to find time to do it. Have a great weekend. Em

Carolyn said...

I've got this pattern waiting on my sewing table...now I definitely have to stitch it. Love how yours turned out!