Thursday, January 29, 2009

I wanted to type a few lines. We had a great time shopping over the weekend. I have to take some photos. I did complete my gift bags and they’re going in the mail today. The Stitchery is by Gail Pan. While I'm not doing the quilt project, her pieces can be used many other ways.
Valentine chocolate for my folks and tea bags left over from a Sunday School project fill the bag. It’s not an original idea, but tons of fun for the kids to make Mom a gift.

While my stitches aren’t perfect, they’re improving. This piece gave me plenty of opportunity to work on the French knots.

I friends sent me a yard of Boyd’s bear fabric. I didn’t even know they had a line of fabric. I have an entire Christmas tree that gets filled with Boyd’s bear ornaments. I immediately went to cutting and made my Sunday School class cards that will be popped in the mailbox today.
Everyone loves mail and the bible verse “Love Bears All Things…” (1 Cor 13:7) could not be passed up.

My daughter’s birthday is next week and she’s bringing home a friend who shares a birthday really close to it, but lives far from home. So while the piggy bank may be low, My fabric closet is full and I’ve got a couple of ideas for the birthday celebration next weekend. We’ll keep you posted.

22 comments:

Christine said...

I really like your gift bags. Gail's stitchery worked really well for this project.
Christine

Stina Blomgren said...

What a perfect way to use the stitcheries...the bags are wonderful and Its a great idea... :o)
And I loved the little teabags with hearts...:o)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Love your bags, and the stitching looks wonderful to me.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

The bags are adorable! Very clever. Have a great weekend celebrating the birthdays.

Karen said...

Just noticed that it's 16 degrees in your neck of the woods right now. It's about 10 degrees warmer here. Anyway...Your bags are so sweet and I LOVE your postcard idea with the Bible verse on it and the bear fabric...very creative;) Look forward to getting a peek at your b-day goodies...I know they'll be terrific, and homemade is ALWAYS better than store bought, but then I think you knew that.

Gail said...

wow, those bags are great!!1

tami said...

I love what you did with Gail's stitchery pattern. That's a great idea.
I had no idea that there was fabric with Boyd's bears on it. I collect teddy bears and have a TON of Boyd's. I am going to have to go web shopping to see if I can find any.

Anonymous said...

Your gift bags turned out so cute :o) Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with your daughter!

Juliann in WA said...

Practice, practice, practice - that is why I like all these small stitchery projects. I think I am much better now than when I started my Leanne's House - which I really need to get back to one of these days. Love your bags.

Journeying said...

The bags are really wonderful. Didn't know you were making two - thought you were trying to choose between the red and the green, silly me. Your folks will love their Valentine. And the postcards for the kids are really neat - I hope their moms are smart enough to hang onto all the great things you send them. They will treasure them one day.
Can't wait to see the birthday ideas . . .
We were a "home away from home" for several of Beth's friends when she was in college, too, and it's really a lot of fun.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Love your bags! They came out really great - stitchery and small projects go together so well - making that item extra special. Whatever you cook up (sew up!) for the birthday gifts is bound to be appreciated! I've had many a birthday far from home. Oh - and the postcard idea - too cute!
Cheers! Evelyn

McIrish Annie said...

YOu are a super mom! I bet her friend will love whatever you do. Keep warm!!

Unknown said...

Melanine your gift bags are adorable and your stitching is just lovely, my how you've come along in the last year. You should be very proud of your achievments. I love the postcards and such a wonderful scripture verse. I'm sure your birthday ideas will be fabulous.

Libby said...

Can't wait to see what you plan for the birthday party . . . . you always have the best ideas*s*

MARCIE said...

Great bags! You did a lovely job, as always!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the gift bags are adorable!

Fiona said...

The bags are both lovely but I still think the green one has the edge!

Pat said...

Your bags turned out lovely Mel. Have a great weekend.

Leanne said...

Your gift bags are lovely and what a great way to use Gail's stitcheries.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Mel, I love the gift bags. You are so creative. And the fabric postcards for your sunday school class are soooooooooo cute. I know the kids will love them. :) Karen

Tazzie said...

Just gorgeous bags Melanie, you've made them up just beautifully. And I love the teddy fabric, it's adorable!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mel said...

Sweet idea, I love it!

Mel