Sunday, July 08, 2007

I’ve got a big week at work ahead, but I wanted to check in and type a few things to remember. First off, my patriotic dishes…fun for summer time.
Here are my blocks for my 365 challenge quilt I’ve been working on. I really how little fits in a square.
But I’m putting things like temperatures and when is the first time I picked daisies or when do we start bike riding…I want to be more creative, but I’ll get better as I go along.

Don and Chelsey are in California for her FCCLA trip and that leaves Eric and I (and Ransom) at home. We knocked out the housework and even did the laundry together so we had the rest of the day to play. He went to kickboxing class and I did some grocery shopping for the week. We both have finished novels this weekend.

We went to church together today and out for lunch afterward. We cooked pancakes and bacon for supper. Ransom got a long overdue bath this afternoon. It was 98 degrees today and now we’re in the middle of a thunderstorm.

I went down to sew this afternoon and turned the machine on and got the error message “Step Motor Error”. I’m just sick… Don called and I’m taking it into the shop to be fixed tomorrow. It’s not the end of the world. I’m going to cut out the next blocks for the Primitive Garden in stead. I’m just re-grouping.

Gratitudes:
Don and Chelsey’s safe flight
I didn’t throw a fit about the sewing machine (But I wanted to)
A weekend with lots of good memories

19 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've had a good weekend, except for your machine. I do hope it isn't anything major.

CONNIE W said...

Your 365 blocks look wonderful! I hope your sewing machine is easily repaired and back in service soon!

ancient one said...

Love your dishes and your quilt blocks.

ForestJane said...

Good wishes for your machine!

Are all your 365 blocks going to be writing or are you going to do things like... use a flag fabric for flag day, say.... or a maple leaf fabric for the first day of autumn?

Fiona said...

The 365 blocks look great and I love the patriotic dishes.

Tazzie said...

I love the way you decorate Mel, it's just wonderful, and the 365 blocks look amazing!
Here's hoping it's nothing too serious with the sewing machine. You'll be back on it in no time.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

atet said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Here's hoping your machine is easily and inexpensively repaired!

Hanne said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend.
You are Great - not throwing a fit, not even a small one, for the broken sewing machine :-)
Good luck with the fabric cutting. We will see you sew up a storm when the sewing machine is back then ? :-)

Unknown said...

Computerised machines are fabulous until they think for themselves - hoipe you get it sorted out quickly and inexpensively - nice to have some one on one time with your boy though

Carol said...

Love those dishes...hope your machine is OK. You are a better person than I...I would have pitched a fit :)

Sweet P said...

Your Challenge quilt blocks are looking good. I love your patriotic display.

I hope your machine can get fixed soon. I would hate not having my machine working.

Gail said...

I so enjoy your seasonal decorations, thanks for sharing them. Good luck with your sewing machine repair, hope its a simple one.

Libby said...

Love those dishes! Hope your machine is easily (and inexpensively) repaired. Thank goodness for that handwork *s*

Carole said...

Your 365 challenge quilt is looking good. Love your dishes. I so not have the decorating gene! Thanks for sharing! enjoy the rest of the week!

Juliann in WA said...

Your 365 blocks are great! Sorry about your machine. Hope it gets well quickly. Thanks goodness for applique and stitchery.

Kim said...

Luckily sewing machines can be repaired, and in the meantime, you have your applique to keep you busy as well as your 365 block project. Sounds like you had a nice weekend with your shrunken family!

McIrish Annie said...

YOur 365 is coming along nicely. and there is nothing more annoying than wanting to sew and having the sewing machine say NO!

hope it's only a minor problem

dutchcomfort said...

Your 365 looks wonderful with all the drawings!

Sandy said...

Your dishes are so cute...what a great display.