Thursday, February 21, 2013

Heart and Home....


What did I do with the Quilt?

  It's hung in my breakfast room  on the quilt shelf Don built and quilters along with my kids have filled  it with memories.  Sand from Lake Michigan from my daughter, A starfish from my son's trip to the Gulf and Lake Superior stones Don and I picked together.  There are Gingham forks from  my Mom and a Quilter's Angel holding a thimble made by a friend and fellow quilter.  I love Ransom being on the quilt instead of the cat the pattern called for. It makes for good memories of a pet. I even love my wonky feathers. 

 I'm chasing Winter out of my house.....

10 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love the quilt. Great memories! Adding Ranson was the perfect touch. And the feathers you did are wonderful!

antique quilter said...

such a pretty quilt and love the memory shelf above it
sorry your ready for winter to go but living where you do I understand
Kathie

Kindred Quilts said...

Hanging with your treasures is the perfect setting for your quilt! Love the muted colors!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It looks like it's found the perfect home. What a very pretty, and personal to you, quilt!

Carol said...

It's wonderful Mel and I love the memories stitched in.

Karen said...

A perfect spot for your quilt and wonderful memories too!

McIrish Annie said...

It is beautiful and all yours from start to finish!

Carrie P. said...

love it! I love how you put your new family member (ransom) on the quilt.

Unknown said...

nice post! I just like that & this blog very informative.
Thanks!!!
Coduri Postale Craiova

Unknown said...

great post. I like your blog. Thanks for share with us.
Coduri Postale Craiova