Friday, March 11, 2011

Finishing Touches...


The routine is pretty much the same--- Work all day, Come home to a few chores, Run my pups through the woods, Supper, Exhale to my sewing or a good book.  The Quilt is progressing.  You can see what the corner blocks will look like in the snapshot.

I tucked away all the snowman quilts, dishes, and winter decorations last night event though we just got a fresh 6 inches of the whote stuff Wednesday.  Thursday and today it's supposed to be in the 40's.  AMAZING how warm that feels after a cold winter.

Chelsey's coming home for the weekend--- We'll have fun....I'm journalling a quilt so I need to scrapbook the pieces ... She's great at that.

Spring fever is setting in. Something to hope for. I tried to pick out my favorite season-- there are great quilts for all of them..

Gratitudes:
Longer days-- time change on the way.
Seed catalogs in the mail
Handful of DMC embroidery Thread

9 comments:

Libby said...

Lovin' your quilt! Have fun this weekend - nothing like mother/daughter time, no matter the weather *s*

Greenmare said...

oh I hear you! I have spring fever too! and that extra snow and crud on Wednesday did not help! that was bad stuff here, we got sleet after the snow. but you are right, it's starting to warm up and the eaves are dripping like mad! yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your daughter. Looking forward to seeing your garden quilt progress! And I know what you mean... 40's feels like a heat wave!

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Have fun with your daughter. Can't wait to see this quilt! :) I've got a serious case of Spring fever as well!

Blessings

Carol said...

I'm really loving your quilt...have tons of fun with Chelsey this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Found you after a long hiatus. We were "blog friends" some long time ago, when I had a blog called Simply Quilted, and I think you won one of my giveaways and I sent you a box........anyway, we lost touch, and I am still blogging only on a new / different one these days. I saw your link on a blog and am paying a visit. I hope all is well.

journeying said...

"journaling a quilt" - that sounds really interesting . . . how does it work? What do you do?

And have a great weekend with Chelsey!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm sewing today while the kids help sort out the issue with my computer and uploading pictures. Block #1 should be finished this weekend (I hope).

Would love to know what you like to read when you relax. I'm always interested in a good read.

McIrish Annie said...

hope you had a great weekend with Chelsey. I like having the weekly routine. I guess I am a creature of habit. love your machine cover. May make one myself.