Sunday, March 06, 2011

Borders Attached

I'm still talking myself into liking this piece.
An Oxymoron --maybe--a garden quilt in the snow....but it was a beautiful Sunday.

It's still below freezing so the snow just brushes off. When a friend and I signed up for this block of the month we had not seen what the finished product would loook like.  It really has a "Northwoods twist" to it and I pretty pleased with it. It's just not what I pictured it looking like all completed.  I still have wool vines and flowers to go on the border.

Every time I worry about Ransom being cold outside he does something like this:


We've been putting in extra hours at work ---better too busy than not busy enough....

Gratitudes:
dark chocolate cream for my coffee
that new spool of thread
Puppy prints in the snow....You're never alone.

15 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

If you really don't like it, I'll send you my address. you shouldn't have to keep a quilt that you don't like.

Karen said...

At first glance, I thought you had taken a picture with clouds in the background.....not snow! I hope you get spring there soon.

I like the plaid border. I am a plaid person.

Kim Brackett said...

Love your garden/snow quilt! Ransom looks like he's having fun.

Wendy said...

Hi Melanie,
OOooo, I LOVE your quilt :)
I almost signed up for it as a BOM,but wasn't sure I'd like it, yours is soooo gorgeous that I think I probably made a BIG mistake...hahaha
Enjoy your quilt!
Hugs Wendy x

Carol said...

Ransom sure looks happy! I'm guessing he doesn't think it's too cold. I really like your quilt...I think it will be great with the vines in the border.

journeying said...

Loving the picture of Ransom rolling in the snow! (and wishing for snow like that...) We're back to the low 30's with pretty gusty winds after a week or so of spring.
And your quilt is, of course, wonderful. Can't wait to see it with border vines and quilted and all that jazz!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

I can't believe you aren't thrilled with your new quilt! I am, I just LOVE it!!! Dark chocolate coffee cream huh? Sounds yummy, I have cinnamon bun cream in the fridge this week. I have a real soft spot for all those tasty creams. =) It makes morning coffee even more mandatory. LOL

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I think it's gorgeous, Melanie! And I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands if you really don't like it...... Heh heh.

Appalachian Mercantile said...

I love the borders! Can't wait to see it after you get the applique on! We have a golden that does the same thing Ransom does. Rolls around...then sits up and starts biting the snow. He loves it!

Blessings...

Gypsy Quilter said...

Neato!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Stunning...just love the fabrics you've used!

Karen Sue said...

Just LOVE the looks of this. Tax season is crazy busy for us, but I start lining up projects for April when I will again have some free time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE it!!! Gorgeous! And Ransome does what my doggies do... a snow bath!

Carrie P. said...

Love your quilt.

Linda said...

Love it!! It is so beautiful!! I'm sure it will grow on you! Ransom looks so cute! :-)