Thursday, May 29, 2008

As sleepy as I am this morning I couldn’t be happier. After work yesterday I got all my vegetable plants in the garden. The seeds are to be planted tonight. Don took the day off yesterday for some home maintenance projects and got the garden all tilled up and ready to go. I spent the evening getting all the hanging baskets placed back in their spots and the frost/freeze warnings have passed.


Chelsey had friends over last evening and the grilled and ate outside for the first time this summer.


This project began last summer and completed a week ago today. Excuse the poor photography but the front porch got a facelift.
Don built the brick sidewalk last summer and put a new rail on the front porch last week. The flowerbed is filled with impatients that were planted last week by my MIL and me. With freeze warnings for the past two evenings, I’ve been tucking them in at night with blankets. I think they made it.

I close today with this photo of sign on our back porch ---the Covered Porch--- that remains out year round…

14 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Sounds like summer is heading your way - vegetables in the garden, graduation behind you. Hope there is time for stitching too.

Unknown said...

I suppose it won't be long and we'll be seeing wonderful photo's of your garden filled to the brim with ripening vegetables. Love the sign that lives on your "Covered Porch". Great facelift to the front porch.

Pat said...

Love it all!!

Libby said...

*woohoo* I'm so glad that spring/summer has finally come to you. Can I come sit on the porch with you?

Carol said...

Love your sign on the Covered Porch...what a wonderful message.

Adrienne said...

Wow! You and your hubby have been busy. Your home and yard are looking so nice. I love that sign! Thanks for sharing with us. ~Adrienne~

McIrish Annie said...

Congrats on Chelsey's graduation! you should be proud it's a big accomplishment.

we got our plants in the ground this weekend too! I think spring is finally here! your front porch looks very inviting, maybe I'll stop by and sit a spell! :)

Unknown said...

I just love the sentiment on that porch sign :o)

Journeying said...

Very pretty front porch - the colors are nice, the flowers, and everything. I really, really like the new porch railing. Is it wood or one of the newer materials? (we desperately need to replace some porch railing)
Glad you're set to enjoy the great outdoors!

Gypsy Quilter said...

You mean spring has FINALLY found you? Love the new front porch, especially the walkway. Very pretty.

Karen said...

Love your new porch - how warm and welcoming. And that is one of my FAVORITE quotes and have a few things around the farmhouse with that written on it.

Karen

atet said...

It looks lovely -- and congrats to your daughter and YOU on her graduation.

Patty said...

The house looks beautiful !

Kairle Oaks said...

What a welcoming porch. You and hubby and done a great job!