Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pinwheels and Spring...

While the snow melted I worked on half square triangles
It felt like a million of them...... I ended with enough to make 230 pinwheels..do the math...


The pieces with white fabric made me nervous, but I kept thinking I could always tea dye them.....

Well spring got here... My bulbs I planted are coming up.  There's plenty of yard to rake-- I don't care... any excuse to be outside.

I'm at a stopping point until I get border fabrics but they're still fun to play with.....


9 comments:

Angie said...

Those are so cute displayed there in your flower bed. :) Can't wait to see where these little beauties end up.

Sue said...

They are wonderful pinwheels, Melanie. I wouldn't worry about tea dyeing the white, they are gonna be great worked into the quilt.

Bonnie K said...

What a fun project. I'm impressed that you are starting a project in the spring. I would not be able to do that.

Kathie said...

ok this picture should be your new header picture even for just a month! how fun!!!!
I love these blocks bet you will like them just the way they are once the quilt is together
Happy Spring
Kathie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I think the white fabric will add a little pop to the quilt. Looks like a great project!

Synthia said...

I did the math!! WOW. They are so cute.

Muddling Through said...

Melanie, you are having WAY too much fun! Glad you're finally able to get out and play in the dirt.

Carrie P. said...

sweet. i love pin wheels.

Carol said...

Love, love, love your pinwheels! Love them in the garden! What a happy picture!