Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bowties.....

Quilters can find find it... that quilt pattern in anything.

You know exactly what I'm talking about.  Farelle is positively my favorite kind of pasta.  Pasta is, after all, pasta... It's got to be the shape. Given any choice-- it's the one I choose every time. 

Not the Rigatoni, 
Penne,
 Elbow, 
Ziti,
or Gemelli.  

It's go to be those cute Bowties....  


I'm playing with a cute three inch block from Needl'Love. I found it in the Garden Gate threads book. I am thinking a small piece for the table and then maybe if I made ten Bowties a day in a couple of weeks I'd have enough for a nice size quilt.



11 comments:

Angie said...

Sweet sweet bowties. :) They will make a lovely quilt. :)

Bren said...

I love bowties!!! And now I am hungry for pasta! ;)

Darlene said...

Melanie, I've started cutting fabric for a bowtie quilt. Can't wait to see more progress.

Carol said...

It's going to be so cute! Love bowties and 3" will be wonderful!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

They look great, Melanie! They've been calling my name for a while now, too, but they're just going to have to get in line. :)

Kindred Quilts said...

A bowtie quilt is such a happy quilt! Keep us posted!

Kyle said...

Just found your blog and enjoyed reading about your quilts. Your bow ties are going to cute. I'll be following along.

Annie said...

I choose the bow ties too!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Cute! Temecula Quilt is doing this with 2" bows. I made one yesterday, and I really liked it. I just don't think I have the gumption to make 1,200 to 1,500 like she is doing.

MARCIE said...

Nice little segway. I love both those bowties--fabric and edible.

Bonnie K said...

Thanks for visiting. I don't know if the windmill squeaks yet. There is too much snow in the yard to put it out. Actually, we might be able to put it out this weekend. It doesn't squeak when we spin it. They should oil it before it gets ruined. My celery is making slow progress. Maybe I should put a jar over it for humidity. I love the colors and pattern in your quilt below. It looks so warm.