Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Weekend at Our House.....

I came home from work on Friday with my Magazine and a gift from my son. Like I've said before--- birthdays just last longer in our house, "Mom, it was backordered..."

A cup of coffee and a porch swing and I killed two hours.  Now the magazine has ruffled corners because I literally carry it wherever I go,  Great issue---get it.

I went to Green Bay and Appleton on Saturday.  Stopped in at Primitive Gatherings.  They are remodelling-- but it's really going to be nice.  The staff was nice and helpful---kind of rolling with the construction. I can't believe I just walked out of there with a spool of thread and 2 balls of perle cotton.

At a shop I found a snow hat on clearance---While I won't appreciate now, I'll tuck it away for snow days ahead.

I found a pair of shoes-- I'm showing them because they look like lace fabric... I can't wait to wear them.


We have warm days-- and then snow flurries--The weather is real hard on Ransom, my pup.  Who am I kidding-- this time of year the weather is hard on everyone!! My Hostas, Tulips, and Lily of the Valley are poking up... I just have to hang on....

I'm not much of a Pottery Barn girl---well, I am, but the pocket book is not.  Satuday I went in to wish and found a seventy dollar basket clearance for 27.00. 




It will be perfect for the buggy this summer.  It's about 30 inches tall and 28 inches wide.  And a bargin...

Eric's quilt is on the frame... I just might get it done before he graduates May 4th. Speaking of which, I have extra minutes this morning, I need to go quilt.....

7 comments:

Karen said...

I have a subscription to the magazine. There are some good projects in it this time. I don't know which one interests me the most. I can't play with my wool right now with company here but I think one of the wool projects would be a good start. A thoughtful gift from your son!

Sue said...

I live every issue of that magazine. I've already started cutting out pieces to one of the projects.

Can't wait to see Eric's quilt. I'm sewing the binding on the Hop to it quilt.

Nice shoes:)

Summer will be here soon.

Libby said...

Fingers crossed that my magazine comes in the mail today *s*

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that basket! I am on the hunt for something to keep scraps in . . . . you've given me ideas!

Colleen said...

I was actually heading to Primitive Gatherings myself on Friday but decided against it and just had them send me my BOM's that I pick up usually. I decided I had better be good! No temptations :o) I am looking forward to see their remodeling. And I planted some grass seed, hoping it can hold on through some of these cold temps!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a precious post! I love the shoes, too.

Can't wait to check out Prim Gatherings with you one of these days.

Audrey said...

Cute hat, cute shoes and cute basket! Looks like a good shopping trip! I haven't seen that magazine anywhere but I will be looking for it!

deb said...

I love that magazine and the latest issue is yummy!!! great score on the basket!!!!!