Monday, April 09, 2012

Not the Blues-- But the Grays---


Hopefuly tonight Eric's Quilt will be in all in one piece where I can decide on backing fabric...Kind of different--- I even like it....

College kids came in by storm.  They left the same same way...My dishwasher got a major work out.  It really felt like a holiday.
It's April-- The start of a new quarter of 2012.  It also marks a workout anniversary.  One year ago I realized that the only way to lose weight was to burn more calories than you take in...
I keep a calendar.  It may look like chicken scratch to the average person But it records miles, calories, time, if I did my weights, If I did sprints.  I take business trips.   I have out of town company. I have sleepless nights.  But I refocus and get back on track. I shoot for 5 days a week.
  I know that it's about my health and not about a body for swimsuits--I too old for that...It's about Lifestyle changes and not for a day or two.
I laugh and tell myself that I'm going to start putting stars on days I have needles and thread in my hands.  I work full time.  I have two really high-maintenance dogs and most days I talk to my mom amd MIL along with both kids.  That doesn't give me permission not to take care of myself. I realized I wouldn't exercise after working all day. 

 I'm not a gym person--(I have this fantasy that people think I never sweat when it comes to ANYTHING!!!)


We all have the same 24 hours in a day.  I analyzed my day and set my clock up 15 minutes ahead, then 20, then 30.  I exercise on an ellyptical machine  or treadmill the minute my feet hit the floor where I don't have to think and talk myself out of it.


If I don't have time for weights, they can be done while I swap laundry--


I'd rather exercise than do laundry. 


 I'd rather do just about anything but laundry... I realize this doesn't guarantee me long life--- I probably won't last as long as most...

But I do want to look back and say I did what I could to live the fullest life possible....in spite of laundry....



8 comments:

Carol said...

Eric's blocks are looking awesome...he's going to love it. I'm happy that your weekend was so fun...nothing better than a house full of kids. You are my hero...you've set a goal and you're sticking to it...that's so awesome!

Karen said...

Your Easter weekend sounds like it was full and wonderful. It's always great when the kids come home no matter how old they are :). Congrats on your daily program - setting goals helps to stay focused - I'm just starting a daily program the last couple of weeks - I think I'll start writing it down - good to see progress and in black and white that it's just plan being done :).
Blocks looking great.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

The quilt looks good so far - very masculine. He will love it. And I admire you stick-to-it-iveness! I need to do better.

McIrish Annie said...

I am a morning exercise person too! up at 4.45 and at the gym by 5.15 at least 3 days a week. It ain't easy as you know but if you don't move it, you lose it!

Love that you have a system and you stick with it. Consistency is 99% of it.

can't wait to see eric's quilt put together.

Anonymous said...

Exercise needs to get worked in for me. I have lost 23 pounds over the last year, and I still have more to lose, so this year, I am adding the exercise. Walking first. Baby steps. I used to be extremely active, so that flexible, active person is in here somewhere dying to break out, lol. It is about my health too.

The grays are looking nice!

Libby said...

My 'current excuse' is: Daisy is not a morning dog - so we don't get going right away. And it is SO much easier to procrastinate if I haven't gotten my walk in first thing. You inspire me to try getting up, putting my shoes on and hitting the streets. Daisy will cope - right?

Karen Sue said...

We started adjusting our life not quite a year ago. As tax people we are ending our crazy time. It made a HUGE difference that my hubby and I did this together...part of our group requirement was at least 20 minutes of exercise a day. several nights found us down under the street lights, doing laps of walking for 20-30 minutes and just talking, which was good.
Keep up the good work and I love how you post it on your calendar

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love this post! You have given me a lot of ideas; I need to get my act together. You have inspired me. Check with me in a month - I'll take the coming year one month at a time. Thanks!