Tuesday, April 03, 2012

It's Tuesday----


Tuesdays are usually pretty tough for me---but Today ranked pretty great as far as Tuesdays go.  Above is a gift from Chelsey-- a jar opener that she said,'Just fit...'
Both my kids and Kaina and Krista are coming home for Easter.  There will be Easter Baskets for everyone-- The rule is' as long as you believe --- The Easter Bunny comes..' My kids swear that even at 22 and 23 they still believe....


Hand stitching at night is my permission slip to watch television.  I have finish the first quarter of blocks for my Home sweet Home Quilt.  The BOM is from Country Loft. It may be similar to a quilt I made last year, but this way--- the kids won't fight over them one day;)



I must have hand sewing even though I still working away on Eric's quilt.  Sometimes I just need to rest. Curling up on the couch with my sewing basket is my idea of resting.  This is a pretty important picture because if you look closely you can see the green buds popping out.

Carol @ Brown quilts parted with some of her wool-- I loved the colors so I used some of my birthday funds to send it up North from Florida. I never purchased much flannel, but I do love the wool.  I've decided I have enough for it's own shelf-- maybe this weekend I'm going to get it set up.

The weather has been in the low 50's daily-- Amazing how warm it feels in March and April as compared to the chill of Fall in September... Looks like most of my perennials survived the winter.  It was a pretty mild one.  I've almost got all of the yard raked.  The pups and I hit the woods daily.  It won't be long until we'll have to stop because of woodticks.

Gratitudes:
Gunne Sax Night Gowns
Cinnamon Toast
A brand new Pumplkin Candle-- found on clearance- never goes out of season in my book.


9 comments:

Karen said...

Home Sweet Home is looking mighty good. I can't just sit and watch tv. I stitch, work on the computer, or play a word game with my husband and watch a tv show at the same time.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Chelsea loves her Mama! What a great gift. Your quilt is looking good, too. Happy Easter!

Audrey said...

That wool looks beautiful. I haven't gotten into wool projects yet but I have friends that have made beautiful things.

Carol said...

Your Home Sweet Home is wonderful! ENJOY your Easter with all the kids...doesn't get any better than that!

journeying said...

I'm with hyou on the pumpkin candles. (and hand stitching in the evening) And on the Easter baskets. All through college Beth had friends who loved coming because they knew everyone would have a basket with goodies. One year the living room was full of bodies - on couches, in sleeping bags on the floor - and the bunny left a trail around and between them . . . of chocolate covered raisins, teehee . . . that was good for some laughs.
AND - there's just nothing like a sweet and thoughtful daughter!!!!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love that your hands keep busy all the time. There is always something to do, isn't there?!

deb said...

love the home sweet home!!!
Pumpkin spice never goes out as far as Im concerned either, its my fav!!!!

Diane said...

The Home Sweet Home blocks are very pretty.

Hope you won't mind my asking a question.
We are considering a move to Michigan, to the UP.
Can folks from the south get by in the winter?

Thanks,
Diane

Melanie said...

Diane-- I'd love to email you--- got an address?