Thursday, July 02, 2015

Summer Blocks

It’s almost Friday --- well, it sort of is.  I have the day off tomorrow for the  Independence Day holiday falling on Saturday. It’s nice to have a three day weekend.  And we’re going to have a few days of summer at the same time.  With weather patterns in the U.P., you never know.
Summer time rolls around and one thing I always look forward to is Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the week.  Keeping life in perspective made me realize I did not complete last year’s program.  Life got busy and I started sewing for Christmas. Eric got married.  I loved the project – that was not the problem.  I repeat – Keeping life in perspective made me pull out last year’s project to work on instead of ordering the new 2015 project.
I finished this block on Wednesday. I love the dragonfly.

It connects with other blocks , so I will pin them away and piece the blocks together.  I did not purchase the thread kit.  I used threads I already had or three strands of DMC floss.  With getting a block in the mail each week, a Freebie project is also included. I love getting mail.
 I completely fell in love with it all over again.  I’m hoping by the end of the summer to have this baby ready for quilting. 
There’s a ton of 4-patch quilt-along’s going on out there.  I’m also considering this one mine. Wool applique works great on the porch.


It’s going to be a great quilt.

3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

With so many lovely quilts, and fabrics it is hard to stay focused on some of the older ones that were set aside because life got in the way. Gorgeous block, the colors are so rich and beautiful.

Marie said...

Beautiful work, I love the dragonfly. Your dedication is fantastic. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Marie

Tana said...

I did the same thing this year....only on Evelyn's Album from a couple of years back. Feeling great that I am working in the borders now! I would love to have this one hanging on my wall by fall!