Friday, July 03, 2015

Kitchen Table Piece



I wanted a new piece for the kitchen table that went with my new kitchen cabinets.  This is a block from Kathy at Heart to Hand Quilts.  I used a fabric scrap from the closet.  I tea-dyed it to make it the right color.  I used wool pieces gifted to me from a friend.  It just one block.  I'm going to piece three other blocks to surround it.  Each will be black and creme colors.  My countertops are black Ubatuba granite so I want to bring everything together.  It's nice quilting without a deadline for a change.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I so love this! AND the block in the last post. That Dragonfly is so gorgeous :)

Gypsy Quilter said...

Very cute. I'm sure it will look lovely in your new kitchen.

Chookyblue...... said...

this will be lovely..........goodluck............

Dottie said...

I love this block!!!