Saturday, April 20, 2013

Catch up....

In January I lined up three UFO's to complete.  By April 8th...I finished.  I started to beat myself up because the dream was 3 in a month  when actually I averaged one.  I refused to be gloomy about it and one UFO a month is really awesome.  If any friend were to tell me that I'd be proud....

This is the last of the three ... weather as much as anything kept me from posting sooner.  It's 18 degrees this morning, but not a cloud in the sky.  We got a dusting of snow last night but a high temp of 38 expected.

This piece is completely scrappy and was made to keep me warm in a queen size bed.   It may hang on a rack for a spell, but I promise you it will definitely attend picnics in the back this summer.


Started last summer... 'Bout time it's complete...ready to be loved.



12 comments:

Kindred Quilts said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Perfect scrappy fabrics colors, (we have very similar tastes when it come to fabric), and I like how you used the neutral colored background fabric throughout. Even the squiggly quilting is perfect for the design! It looks so cozy in the outdoor picture! And yes... you should be proud of your monthly accomplishments! I think you need to reward yourself with a visit to your favorite quilt shop... via car or internet! :)

Nicole said...

That is just my cup of tea! Love your colors, the scrappines, and the fact you accomplished such a gorgeous finish!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Absolutely beautiful! I've really caught the scrappy bug. And I don't want a cure. :)

Darlene D said...

It's a beauty!

Carol said...

It is just wonderful! I love it and it's sooooooooooooo YOU!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love this quilt! You have a real knack for scrap quilts. Definitely a winner.

Patti said...

One a month is absolutely marvelous! We should all do so well. This is a beautiful quilt. Patterns like this adapt to scrappiness (or is that scrappyness?) so well. I love your pictures outside in the snow. If we ever have snow again - this was the third winter with next to none - I want to take quilt pictures with it for a backdrop.

Angie said...

Oh I do love it too, Melanie---snowballs and nine patches are a perfect mix and it's a beautiful quilt. You go, girl. :)

Darlene said...

Melanie, it's beautiful! Snowballs and ninepatches are classic and timeless.

Carrie P. said...

It is beautiful! congrats on your finish.

Laura said...

Gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats for finishing so many UFOs!