Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dr. Seuss Completed

At 6:30am yesterday I was stitching the binding down, but the baby quilt made it to the shower. I think at about 10 pm friday night I finally decided I liked the quilt. My machine got on a fit of thread continously breaking.  Don gave her a good cleaning and I was back in business.

I used black material in the binding and I think it framed it really well.


I also included a copy of the Sneetches-- my favorite Dr. Seuss Book.  If you get throught the rhyming and whimsical nonsense of the story... there's a really good message behond the story.  Google it.  I think the poem is on-line.

I could tell you that everything was planned and thought out... but truthfully I forgot the wrapping paper and card thing.  Some leftover ribbon and a copier helped out--- plus I probably saved about 8 bucks.... And the colors were too bright to be hidden in a box anyway.....

Thunderstorms today.  We have church and maybe a movie this afternoon.....

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in our lives......

16 comments:

Penny said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, and what a perfect idea to include the Dr. Seuss book!! No wrapping needed -- it is perfect!!
Have a happy day!

Linda said...

Great looking quilt Melanie, so bright and happy. Enjoy your day with Don.

Sue said...

It turned out so sweet, Melanie. I'll bet you are glad you made it just in time.

Hope you enjoy Father's Day today:)

Marie said...

Love the cheerfullness and I am sure the little one will grow to love it too.HUgs, Marie

Cottage Tails said...

OOOh that looks beautiful - and you have given me an idea. THANKS

Love Leanne

Lori said...

Yea for you to work out of your box and see what colors to put together. I love it and what a great way to wrap a book!

Quilterbee said...

It's a great quilt. I googled the poem and it does have a wonderful message. I have not read that Dr. Seuss book but I love his books and enjoyed reading them to my kids.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Simply lovely, and what a wonderful gift tag!

Muddling Through said...

I love it, Melanie! You've done a wonderful job on this one, and I'm glad you ended up liking it. The book was a thoughtful gift to go along with it, and I love the tag!

Carol said...

Oh Mel it's as cute as it can be...what a wonderful gift, including the book...LOVE IT!

Colleen said...

I love it! It turned out very nice :o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

A perfect baby quilt!

McIrish Annie said...

your hubby cleans your machine! how jealous am I!!

quilt came out adorable and the wrapping was perfect!

Karen Sue said...

I have what you need, I work at great speed, my work is 100% guaranteed! That was our favorite Seuss book! and those pale green pants with nobody inside them!!
Great quilt, by the way! I have a couple in the hopper that need completion by the weekend for one and middle of July for the other...just tying, as I'm not a machine quilter and they can drag them around college tied...

deb said...

What a precious gift....love love love!!! and way too pretty to be covered in paper!!!!!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Mel, this is a darn cute baby shower gift idea; and I just love it. The quilt is darling.