Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All in One Piece...

Ok - It's off the clothes line and onto the quilting frame.  There's still a ton of work to be done.  I think this baby is going to get a simple all over stipple design.  It's growing on me ....a little.  I called the Grandma-to-be last night and told her that the quilt was a disaster and she needed to practice the oohs and ahhs cause the idea was a flop.  She told me about the baby's mom and the baby's room and I think it may all come together after all....

Think Dr. Seuss... Think Cat in the Hat... I'm going to put a tab on the back and include a cup hook.  Maybe she can drape in on the wall or even over the rocking chair....

I'm not giving up.....

9 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I think it will be perfect for the baby! Stipple it and give it!

Rhonda said...

Melanie, it's fabulous!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I think it's a perfect Cat in the Hat quilt! Pastel baby colors are nice, but something with some zing is always just plain fun.

Sue said...

Oh this quilt looks great, Melanie. Good job! You whipped it up quickly too. I would agree with the overall stippling. That is great for baby quilts. They are used so much that I don't spend a lot of time on the quilting.....my confession:)

Lorraine said...

I love the quilt....! great job...lovely and bright....it will be loved!

Carol said...

I think it's just wonderful! LOTS of FUN! Perfect for a happy baby!

Brenda said...

That's so cute! I know those aren't your typical colors, so GOOD FOR YOU going outside your comfort zone :).

Angie said...

Well, I think it's STUNNING! :D

simplestitches said...

I think this quilt is going to be lovely..you're done well.