Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Works in Progress...

Life continues to be a Juggling act...but that's what life is and there was a time in my life when it would have meant complaining... but age and hopefully wisdom now tells me it's just life.  Life is busy --- no more--- no less.

I wanted to post. This started out as a journal of quilting projects, but it's also a "catch up" with friends.  I miss it when I can't log in and see the works of others.

This first photo is my latest block in the My Garden Quilt wool BOM project. I love the purple. 

In cleaning out the fabric cabinet I found piece of old blocks from a quilt I made about three years ago.  I want to make a sewing machine cover, so I cut more fabric squares and stitched all the scattered patchwork together as one.  I'm going to quilt it and sew it to fit my sewing machine similar to this pattern on Moda Bake shop.

I have a Pfaff sewing machine that just does straight stitches for machine quilting and I want to make a cover for it as well. I received ScrapBasket Surprises for Christmas.  So, as a compromise I stitched these blocks together from my scrap box fabrics (tons of old Thimbleberries) and I'm going to quilt it and turn it into a cover as well.  I recommend the book to everyone... Really easy to read.

Last of all -- Personal shopping.  My daughter rounded up embroidery threads for me since there is no where to purchase them in our town.  College daughters do come in handy.

Gratitudes--It's not what you don't have... it's what you do....
Football Sass from Email Friends
French Toast
Ransom and Bruno

6 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful quilts!!!!!

McIrish Annie said...

great idea to use old blocks for a sewing machine cover. I think I may be a copy cat and do the same! The old plastic covers that came with the machines are sooo ugly!!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

It is wise not to complain, but I still can't help it sometimes!LOL
Love all your projects in the works, looks like you are having fun!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You have been busy!

The quilt book you received has been popular with my quilt group. They've shown several really nice ones made from the patterns.

Everything always looks so cute on your blog,

Dandelion Quilts said...

Lots of cute things to show off! Great work.

Karen Sue said...

I read up on window quilts a while ago and your first picture reminds me of them! Wouldn't it be nice to have warm quilts to keep in the heat? I think I will do that for my next house! make quilts with sunshine and bright colors to chase away the winter dulls...