Friday, December 11, 2009

Catch up...





Thanks for the emails... It really lifted by spirits .  But anger, hate, and hurt are wasted feelings and just make you old fast.  It's just a lesson I learned and I posted to save someone else from the same mistake.....

Thanksgiving coffee Don brought me home from an Airport in his travels. Coffee is pretty sacred in our house. I knew he was thinking of me when he pulled it out of his bag.




We have frigid temperatures here as I woke up to 8 below zero. One thing about it, the pups don’t spend too much time nosing around. They take care of business and get back inside.




Our anniversary was back in June. Life circumstances kept us from really celebrating. So at the risk of everyone thinking I’m more of a dork than previously noted--- Tuesday night--- amidst a blizzard--- Don & I went to see Kenny G in his Christmas concert in Green Bay. Quilt shops closed for the weather…but his concert went on. The talent some people have… and to see the performances in person was outstanding. He’s an incredibly personable guy. He plays with his band that has members that have been with him since high school. I completely recommend it to everyone. We were fifth row at the Weidner Center.




We’ve got a couple of Christmas dinners throughout the season and I’m been sewing away on something to bring. We’ll show the finished product later. I’ve pulled the fabric for a gift for my Mom too.




This weekend, I’m hoping to paint my sewing area. Eric will be home in a week. He’ll probably want a place to sleep. So the sewing machine will go back to the basement. The Pellet stove is on down there and so it’s a cozy place to work throughout the winter.

I finally decided  on borders for the confetti cake Harvest Home quilt.  I'll post a complete photo when it's all together.




Gratitudes:

Charter Commission—really helped with Christmas shopping
My kids studying hard for finals
Mittens to keep my hands warm on cold mornings

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I refuse to give poohy people my energy in the form of hate.

Kenny G is also a very nice guy, I met him often while working at a marina during the summers.
DH and I too had to put off much celebration of our anniversary and that's ok. We're going to a concert for my birthday in Jan to the band that sings the song we used for our first dance, "God Bless the broken Road"

ohiofarmgirl said...

Hold your head high...there are some people that need to feel better about themselves by making it worse for others!
Now you know...you can't change them and you shouldn't change yourself for them.
Blessings, Dianntha

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about what happened to you. I hope it got cleared up and you are okay.

The concert must have been so fun! Boy you must have had a harrowing ride home Tuesday night in that blizzard!

Angela said...

Hugs honey. KENNNNNNYYYYYYY G you are a blessed girl. I love his music. It just soothes me and calms my mind. Something you were most certainly needed.

Lindah said...

Ouch! I hurt with you. But, you know, your hurting won't be wasted. God's going to weave it into the fabric of your life in a special way.
And you are who you are, regardless of the poor behavior of others.
I don't know this Kenny G. I think I need to look him. Your commenters seem to think a lot of him, too.
Blessings! Keep looking up.

Carol said...

OH a Kenny G concert...he is just wonderful. I know how excited you are about Eric coming home...YIPPEE! You are so right...you have to control over what was done, but you have all the control over how you react to it, and how you allow it to affect your life...harboring those bad feelings would make you not only old, but bitter and angry. You are amazing!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Glad you are feeling better. I'll email later when things are quiet here. I'm looking forward to seeing the projects you're working on.

Marie said...

I have enjoyed your blog thorugh my blogging time but was very sad about what took place for you , that could make one very mean in spirit. but you have a gentle way and ar ethe much better person. mY prayers are for you and your family ths blessed Christmas time. Hugs, Marie

julieQ said...

How fun! A wonderful concert...great coffee, and a husband that will take you to a concert. Life is good!!

McIrish Annie said...

we missed the chance to see Kenny G. I knew he would put on a good show! Glad you got to see him and with your special guy. Enjoy the coffee!

Vicki said...

Some people can be so mean! i had a supervisor who despised me. I retired a whole year early just to get away from her.

The Calico Cat said...

In general, I am not a coffee person. I used to be a warmed up flavored creamer gal & I still occasionally go for the sickly sweet (even too much for me straight) latte at my work deli. But this past weekend we went to Einstein's bagels for brunch - their holiday coffee was soooooo good.