Thursday, October 03, 2013

Sunshine and Blue...

Don't you love it when the weatherman is wrong?!?!?!?!

At least for today -- we were supposed to have a rainy day and other than a 5 a.m. shower, we've had a partly cloudy 62 degree day.

My hand sewing project I'm working on right now is Sunshine and Blue by Kathy Cardiff. I started it last year and got the winter blues and decided it made me wish for weather I couldn't have....  I needed the wool piece for the water pitcher and emailed a picture to Cathi at Shakerwood Woolens and she sent me the perfect piece.  I completely trust her judgement.



I have worked on it in sections so I didn't lose the small pieces. The hand-dyed pieces made great leaves and blue berries.  There's another border I haven't added yet until I complete the handwork.

More snapshots to come....

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful piece Melanie! and the wool for the pitcher is perfect! So nice when there is unpleasant weather forecast and it doesn't eventuate....Spring made an appearance here then disappeared amid wild, windy and wet weather for a few days and is now back again.....looking forward to a weekend of sunshine!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! You can have our weather. It was 80 today. Blech, lol. I can't wait til the high temp of the day is around 50!

Karen said...

Pretty piece. I need to make a decision on a small wool piece for a friend. She isn't a prim lover so I have been thinking about what design to do.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely!

Angie said...

Oh. My. Goodness I am in LOVE with this piece---

Carrie P. said...

so pretty. great pick by Cathi.