Monday, December 10, 2012

A Gift Almost.....




Stacks of Blocks have been sewn into place to become this....


Tonight I sewed on a 6 inch border and made the bias binding.  I am holding onto the fact that my sister in law does not read about the daily quilting here, so I'm showing  pictures.  She's is arriving at my house on Wednesday--- 48 hours from now.   Logic tells me that time is running out.  I made an adult decision.  Last minute picking up, groceries need to be bought, a dessert or two needs to be made.  Oh yeah -- I have a full time job to go to every day.  The backing, quilt top and binding were gently placed in a box. They were wrapped with care and they are going to my sister in law to be unwrapped with the family this weekend.

 I'm pretty confident she'll give it back to me to complete for her... I wanted to do a good job - and I wanted to enjoy the quilting.  I know she'll understand.  I'm a lot harder on myself than she will be. Sometimes priorities  have to be realized and torturing my husband for the next 48 hours was not an option.

Family is coming-- not strangers that do not understand. Christmas is just around the corner...

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

Two years ago I accidentally started a new family tradition...the unfinished Christmas gift. In 2010 it was a hand quilted nine patch quilt for my son's girlfriend, which she finally received in September! Last year it was an unfinished crocheted slouchy beret for my daughter, which she got a few days later. This year it's looking to be a pair of unfinished socks for my husband. It's become a fun thing...everyone wants to know who will get the unfinished gift this year! Enjoy your time with your family!

Bonnie K said...

I would never have guessed those colors would look that great together. It is awesome!

Karen said...

She will be delighted and it will be worth the wait!

Karen said...

She will be delighted and it will be worth the wait!

Karen said...

You are getting there. Darn, too bad you have to work. LOL! Helps pay the bills, I know.

Lynda said...

What a lovely Christmas present - I love the sunny yellows. I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love it and I'm sure she will, too, and how very wise of you NOT to make yourself crazy. LOL

Stina Blomgren said...

Love all the yellow....pretty!!!:0)
And yes she will understand...:0))
Happy holidays...take care!!

Darlene D said...


Great idea! I'm sure she'll love it regardless of its unfinished state. I'm doing the same with a gift for my sister this year

Shakerwood said...

She'll be thrilled. And you are farther along than I am. I've been known to give quilt IOU's in an envelope before! LOL

McIrish Annie said...

We have all been in this position before. You are right. you want to do a good job and enjoy the process as well. I'm sure your SIL will be happy with just seeing that beautiful sunshiny top!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is just beautiful! I'm sure she will love it even as it is.

I'm doing well! Will send an email soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kindred Quilts said...

I'm willing to bet that your SIL will love seeing her quilt in it's present stage... she will appreciate it all the more when it is completed and permanently handed to her! Oh yes, I love the yellows... like the first daffodils of spring!

Carol said...

It's wonderful...and what a perfect idea..then you can enjoy the whole process! Love it!

QuiltNut Creations said...

You can't go wrong with pinwheels! And the fabrics are so cheery.