Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hop To It Block-- Each Block A Reminder


This is my Block for October from Edyta Sitar's Hop to It Book.  Hung from my Garden fence -- the rust leaves remind me of Fall.   This was the hardest block to do far.  Sue, Mary & I have been working on a block each month.  Each block reminds me of my garden and reminds me of them.


I'm jumping the gun on November's block because the holidays are upon us.  It's funny how the basket block falls on this month reminding us of the blessings we have and how thankful we should be. Without doubt---I am  thankful for my faith, my family-- Don, Eric, and Chelsey.  I am truly grateful for my home, my job, and my pups.  This time also reminds me the gifts I have in my friends---for Sue and Mary doing this quilt with me.  The gratitudes really stack up because I'm thankful for little things you don't consider everyday-- like walking, reading, and of course ---quilting.

3 comments:

journeying said...

Boy, am I glad to see you back!! Seems like I've been checking your blog forever without finding anything .... !
And those shoes are absolutely to die for! No wonder you had to have them!!!
Your current quilting projects are wonderful....as always!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks, Mel! And I agree with you about being thankful for all that I have. We are definitely lucky!

Carrie P. said...

Great blocks. I like the colors you chose.
Yes, we do have a lot to be thankful for.