Sunday, April 30, 2006

I taught Sunday School this morning. Six kids that had a good night’s rest the night before. I think I probably wasn’t strong enough to work with them yet, but we made it through. Next week we will do a bigger craft and that will keep them in more concentration and less of a chance to pick at each other. We had a new little girl too.

I did some office work for and hour and a half. Now I’m going to reward myself with some quilting. I’m about a quarter of the way through hand quilting the ‘French’ quilt. It’s the quilt my son will give to his hostess family in France when he goes in 6 weeks.

About the ‘French’ quilt…I chose the Log cabin block because of it meaning and symbolism involving American history. The quilt is made up of 12 blocks and 3 borders. I’ll take a picture of it when I’m complete. I’m pretty proud of myself, so far, I’ve spent no $$$ on it. I’ve used fabric I already had.

Until Tomorrow—

Gratitudes:
A great group of Sunday school children
My own sewing room
Rainy days that make you slow down and rest

No comments: