Sunday, February 15, 2015

Spring Hopes.....


For all of those growing little weary at this winter's weather.  Our motto in the U.P. is, " If it were easy-- everyone would want to live here..."
But even the faithful grow tired of the frigid temperatures and even colder wind chills.

Our days are getting longer with three minutes of sunlight gain daily.  My sewing room needed cleaning up after Chelsey's quilt before I could get back to another quilting project.  Too tired, I grabbed a piece of Aida cloth and embroidery thread.  So nightly, I made a few x-stitches with a free Pinterest pattern. I really wanted to use linen. Linen projects will have to wait until March when I can get new glasses.  The contacts just don't focus my eyes well enough to see the threads.

I have three or four of these little pieces printed out to complete and sit on a shelf -- just to remind me Spring will come....



6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That little bird cross stitch is so cute! I love birds, and free is a great price for a pattern.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

spring will be here before you know it - I know I will get it before you but it will come eventually - here we are getting ready for an ice storm that should start in a couple hours and through the night

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm stitching a bunny project; hopefully, it will be done by April! Took me a while to finish my Christmas cross stitch project, but it's finished and waiting to get to the framers.

It's very cold here. Good weather to piece quilt blocks or stitch. Looking forward to spring though!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Aww, what a cute little bird. I used to do a lot of counted cross stitching - on tiny linen, but even without cataracts, I'm just not sure my eyes will see well enough to ever do that again. :-(

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Soooo ready for spring. Thanks for sharing your hope ! =)

journeying said...

a sweet reminder that spring WILL come...I'm loving all the songbirds at the feeders and am encouraged listening to them...